Meant2B - Help Each Other Out

I didn't make this song I wished I did. This song is the songs I like to make. Anyways let us all help each other out through the up(s) and down(s) in life. Stand up for those who may seem like they or he or she can't stand up for themselves.

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Elder Julian Gordon Pratt. I was born in Romania in Eastern Europe. I am 25 yrs old. When I turned 6 1/2 years old I was adopted and came to America and I have been living here since. When I was born I was born without any hands so I have small stubbs or almost an arms length and so I had to adapt to life and figure out ways to live especially I had to learn English. I can type between 37-42 WPM (Words Per Minute) I love to play soccer, (my favorite sport), Basketball, and Dodge ball. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and my family members. I am in New York Rochester Mission, to serve the Lord the best I can for two years. I am a Missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints and I am greatful that the Lord has allowed me to be part of the Missionary work and to have the oppurtunity to help anyone who has a desire to wanting to learn about God and the wonderful things he is and has been helping them wether it is getting through trials or overcoming hardships. I am greatful God is allowing me to represent as Jesus Christ and to help many people just like how Jesus Christ has helped many people when he was on the Earrth.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Be a Buddy Not a Bully


I thought about what I should have put on my blog for today and I looked through and I haven't put this one up yet. I like this song that you are probably are listening too. This song is called Don't Laugh at me. Why did I choose this song because it basiacally refers to bullying and that it isn't fun to bully someone or being bullied. If we see somebody being bullied don't be afraid to step in and help the person who is being bullied. You can do alot of damge to the person your bullying and it is a hard process to heal from. Remember once you bullied someone, you have left a wound in their heart. The wound can heal but the scar will always be there. Here is a couple of experiecnes that has occured in my life. So here we go.

I always remember being bullied as a young boy. This one time I do remember, when I was young (I don't remember how old I was). I was with my sister Leighanne and her family. We were at a playground of some kind. I was walking towards my little nephew and my neice because we were heading home, I think. As we were heading out a group of kids started asking about why I was missing my hands and then they started to be more persistant and I just kept walking away from them. My sister Leighanne saw what was going on and came to get us out of there. She noticed the kids and how they were making fun of me. I don't remember all she has said to them but it was basically dont make fun of my younger brother. I do remember that I had and always have a kind and loving sister who was willing to protect me and to help me. Leighanne thank you for sticking up for me during that time and through out those many years later and always willing to help me in whatever it was. I appreciate all you do. And thank you to my other sisters as well.

Here is another experience and this one I remember mostly. I was going to pick up my nephew Gabe and my neice Cora from their Elementary School (they were both in the same school). I think Gabe was in 3rd grade and Cora was in 6th grade. Well I went to the play ground where Gabe was at and I saw hime and he saw me as well. I was 5 minutes early before school went out. Then Cora met us at the playground. During that time you know kids saw me and were asking why i was missing my Hands and I told them i was born this way. Well they didn't understand that. Then it got too the point where they were making fun of me and both my nephew Gabe and my neice Cora knew I was getting really uncomfortable in being there and they both told the kids to not make fun of me and so we left as the kids kept saying mean things. I am greatful for Gabe and Cora in what they did that day. They could have easily joined their friends and make fun of me but they didn't. They chose to help their older uncle and help him not being sad. I am greatful for them and the choices that they made that day. I love you guys and if you need anything I will help as much as I can. I can't offer you a hand :-) but an arm instead. Again I love you guys and all my other Nephews, Neices, and Cousines.

I will post a song related to this next week.

2 comments:

ALin said...

I totally agree with you Julian. Bullying is a terrible thing and so hard to deal with. The best people throughout history were the ones who were (are) bullied the most I think. Great post!

Mamma Meg said...

I remember what Leigh-Anne said to those kids. She called me and told me. Hahaha! She was not at all happy and I wouldn't doubt if they remember that to this very day.

Welcome to Elder Julian Gordon Pratt Blog

I hope you enjoy my posts. If you got any questions about my posts let me know.