Meant2B - Help Each Other Out

I didn't make this song I wished I did. This song is the songs I like to make. Anyways let us all help each other out through the up(s) and down(s) in life. Stand up for those who may seem like they or he or she can't stand up for themselves.

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Elder Julian Gordon Pratt. I was born in Romania in Eastern Europe. I am 25 yrs old. When I turned 6 1/2 years old I was adopted and came to America and I have been living here since. When I was born I was born without any hands so I have small stubbs or almost an arms length and so I had to adapt to life and figure out ways to live especially I had to learn English. I can type between 37-42 WPM (Words Per Minute) I love to play soccer, (my favorite sport), Basketball, and Dodge ball. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and my family members. I am in New York Rochester Mission, to serve the Lord the best I can for two years. I am a Missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints and I am greatful that the Lord has allowed me to be part of the Missionary work and to have the oppurtunity to help anyone who has a desire to wanting to learn about God and the wonderful things he is and has been helping them wether it is getting through trials or overcoming hardships. I am greatful God is allowing me to represent as Jesus Christ and to help many people just like how Jesus Christ has helped many people when he was on the Earrth.

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Mission For The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints

Missionary work is not easy but it is a joyful experience at the same time. It takes all of our strenghth, our time, sacrafice and a willingness to serve our Lord. I have been out almost a year now. I also have noticed the difference and that I'm starting to realize in what kind of person God reccommends me to be. When it comes to preparing to go on a Mission. Like what President Thomas S. monson (President for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints) He says that we need to be worthy and that is so true if were not worthy how can we have the spirit with us? The answer is we cant have the spirit with us if were not worthy. I urge all young men and young women to prepare themselves to be ready to have the oppurtunity to go on a Mission. Here is some of the ways that has helped me to prepare to go. (1) start savig and ptting some money aside for your mission, (2) read and study the scriptures both the Holy Bible and The Book Of Mormon. (3) Read and study the PMG (Preach My Gospel) that will have the answers of how to be a missionary and the things that are talked about in there can help you work with members, and many other things i there can help. (3) Always do your best to seek guidence from our Heveanly Father and always him for the blessings he has given you. Don't forget to pray to him becuase I promise you he listens and he will answers to whatever questions that you have and they will be answerd in his way and his time we just need to be patience. (4) "Don't Give Up" and keep presssing forward and cling to the Gospel and be an example to others around you and give service to those that may need some help.

These our some of the things that hlped me before I left. I know by deciding to go on a mission Satan (Devil will do everything he can to stop you. before I left and after I made the choice to go on Mission. satn decide to put some trials in my way and two of those trials were (1) I was with my best friend Spencer and some of his friends we were all walking home from his friends house. I was walking along the sidewalk a dog came up and i slipped over a pile of snow which i thought it was snow but there was ice underneath and I feel and as I was falling my left arm swung out to try and catch myself instead it got caught on a chainling fence and the fence pulled my arm back and I broke a small peice of bone in My arm. (2) I had a penecidence taken out I was not feeling good the night before I went to the ER and so I went to the Er and they said I came in just in time cuase if I didnt the penicidence will soon have explode inside me. So even with these two major obstacles that came my way i was delyed 6 weeks I would Have left February 16, 2011 but instead I left March 30, 2011. So during these hard times I feel like my Faith and Testimony has grown tremendious becauee it just shows when ever something spiritual experience is about to happen Every time Satan will come before or right after the Spiritual experience to take us down but we eed to "stand back up and keep pressing (moving) forward no matter what it takes. I know that the things I have said are true and  that we need to realying on or Father in Hevean for his help becuae we truly can't face our trials alone. I know as long as we do our part and give our 100% then Jesus Christ can give his 100% and help us out becuase he truly cares about us and wants us to do everything we can to keep the comandments. So Don't Give Up no matter how hard things get.

7 comments:

Mitchell Rhead Sorensen said...

This is awesome Elder "Julian". I didn't know you were able to blog. You have a lot of great on there. Keep up the good work! Kat Sorensen

Jackie said...

I just found your blog Elder Pratt. It it so good to see your activities and to read your testimony. You are awesome and I look forward to seeing more on your blog. Keep working hard and may God bless you and your family as you labor in the field.

Jackie Dimick
Parkway 27th Ward

Anonymous said...

Julian,

Just found your blog. Awesome. What a gem to see all that you've written. Its almost like we can experience the work along side you.

Yesterday in church, we heard from Elder Jason Hunsaker, getting ready to depart on his mission to Paraguay (the same mission as both the Condie brothers). He did a great job in his talk.

Allison Linner said...

Great job Julian! I agree with you completely that Satan tried to get you to not go on a mission. You are awesome for overcoming those trials!!!

Jill Hunsaker said...

Hi Julian. It sounds like you are doing great and that your testimony of the gospel is growing. My son Jason leaves on his mission in about a month. He is going to Paraguay and is very excited about the opportunity to serve the Lord. I know you are doing a very important work.

William said...

Hi Julian,

Great blog! I can tell you have put a lot of work into it. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insights. Your a great example and inspiration. Make the most of your time. It will go by so quick. Bill Rowe. PS Brycen says Hi

JEBB said...

Dear Elder Pratt,
As much as we're enjoying having Bro. Jared Yates come with his dad as our Home Teacher, we sure miss you, but we know you are doing the work of God and spreading Christ's light and word. I have been spending some additional time with your brother Joe through an opportunity offered by your Mom. He is sure proud of you and the work you're doing. I am grateful for this gospel and I have a testimony that this church holds the keys of the priesthood that Christ first established and that were restored here to earth through Joseph Smith. Thanks for all you are doing. You have our love and prayers.
Joni Bown

Welcome to Elder Julian Gordon Pratt Blog

I hope you enjoy my posts. If you got any questions about my posts let me know.