Meant2B - Help Each Other Out

I didn't make this song I wished I did. This song is the songs I like to make. Anyways let us all help each other out through the up(s) and down(s) in life. Stand up for those who may seem like they or he or she can't stand up for themselves.

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Elder Julian Gordon Pratt. I was born in Romania in Eastern Europe. I am 25 yrs old. When I turned 6 1/2 years old I was adopted and came to America and I have been living here since. When I was born I was born without any hands so I have small stubbs or almost an arms length and so I had to adapt to life and figure out ways to live especially I had to learn English. I can type between 37-42 WPM (Words Per Minute) I love to play soccer, (my favorite sport), Basketball, and Dodge ball. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and my family members. I am in New York Rochester Mission, to serve the Lord the best I can for two years. I am a Missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints and I am greatful that the Lord has allowed me to be part of the Missionary work and to have the oppurtunity to help anyone who has a desire to wanting to learn about God and the wonderful things he is and has been helping them wether it is getting through trials or overcoming hardships. I am greatful God is allowing me to represent as Jesus Christ and to help many people just like how Jesus Christ has helped many people when he was on the Earrth.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stand together (Cattle Story)

This is a story from this book called The Missionary's Little Book of Inspirational Stories


 

Lesson of the Hereford Cows

"I like the story and the philosophy of storms expressed by a rugged old-time cowboy who said he had learned life's most important lesson from Hereford Cows. All his life he had worked cattle ranches where winter storms took a heavy toll among the herds. Freezing rains whipped across prairies. Howling, bitter winds piled snow into enormous drifts. Temperatures dropped quickly to below-zero degrees. Flying ice cut into the flesh. In this malestorm of nature's violence, most cattle would turn their backs to the icy blasts and slowly drift downwind, mile upon mile. Finally, intercepted  by a boundary fence, they would pile up against the barrier and die by the scores. But Hereford Cows acted differently. They would head into the wind and stand shoulder-to-shoulder facing the storm's blast. "You most always found the Hereford's alive and well," said the cowboy. "I guess that is the greatest lesson I ever learned on prairies - just face life's storms." = Norman Vincent Peale

How can this story relate to usin our individual live? We should always stand up for what we believe, Stand up for whats right everyone has the right to their opinions. When we see somebody who feels alone or picked on go to them and offer a hand and help them up and be a friend and do what is righjt. We are never alone though there maybe times in our own lives we feel like we cant go on or succeed in this life well if we do feel that way we should realize on the Holy Bible and the Book Of Mormon because they have answers to all the questions that we may have, We should also rely on God and to do our own personal prayers to hime. How do we pray to him? Well here is how. 1. Start with Dear Heavenly Father, 2. Tell him what your greatful for, 3. Ask him for his guidence or protection or advice that he can give you, 4. and when you feel like your done always end it by saying (in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen). I promise you that Heavenly Father does listen and answers to our prayers and he always willing to help us BUT we must ask him for his help.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is a great post, and it kind of reminds me of how Christ compares us to sheep so frequently throughout the scriptures. A cowboy is kind of like a shepard, too. It is so much better to face the storms of life instead of trying to run from them. They make us stronger, and it is so comforting to know we can always ask for help! :)

Welcome to Elder Julian Gordon Pratt Blog

I hope you enjoy my posts. If you got any questions about my posts let me know.